Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I wanted to show pics of one of my favorite rooms in my home.This is my kitchen,I collect older kitchen gadgets ,rolling pins,anything with a country feel.It is hung al over the walls.We are going to redo the kitchen next summer and my brother said I should take out one of the wall,but I refuse to.I do not want to lose the wall space for hanging all my goodies I find.I am a big junk store junkie that is where I find most of my stuff.On the frist pic I have wire baskets hanging in front of the window,they hold dish rags,cookie cutters ,any little things I use in the kitchen and somethings that are just put there so they will be easy to find.There are aloso little shelves in the window that have little things sitting on them.Next there is a wire tea pot,tea towel,and a tea clock.I found the wire pot at a garage sale,the towel at a junk store and the clock atthe dollar store it cost a whole 2.00.The woodwn shelves I made out of old scrap wood,the rolling pin holder my husband made me out of old wood,I had started grathering so many rolling pins he thought I needed a place to hang them.Most were found at a old store but,,the marble one was given to me by my mom.I made the kitchen angels that are hanging around.It is good to have a kitchen you love being in and I love to be in mine cause it has a homey comfortable feel about it.There are some awesome new kitchen out todat with lots of great features but I just like my little kitchen it is like me just warm and comfy.You do no mind having to spend time there cooking if you feel relaxed in your kitchen.

















2 comments:

Mindy said...

I love your kitchen, it's so warm and cozy! I love old fashioned and antique gadgets.

Lady Katherine said...

Wow, You have really been decorating since I was there, Gosh, I guess it been a couple of years. Love what you have done!