Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Grandmother's Gifts


Today is 2nd Time Around with Diane over at A Picture is Worth a 1,000 Words

this is my first time to do 2nd Time Around with Diane,I am showing two piecse that were given to me by my Mother.These two pieces were my Grandmother's and were passed to me after her death.I think they are called Carnival Glass because of the coloes in them.I am not sure how old they are ,but she had them along time and I have had them for about 8 years now so I guess they are pretty old.I have a couple more pieces from my Grandmother and treasure them .It is nice to have things that have been passed down over the years in the family.

The back of the candy dish,it is hard to see but it has grapes and leaves on it.The dis is gold with reds,pinks ,yellow colors .

Inside of the candy dish.



This is a serving dish with fruits made into the glass.


For more great 2nd Time Around finds go over and visit Diane and you will find alot of great things that people have gotten from thrift finds,passed on from families ,or just somethings they found and added to their other treasures.


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!

Lois Christensen said...

What a beautiful collection you have!! Thanks for sharing them!

Candy said...

Very pretty and I haven't seen one like the rectangle one with molded fruit. Love the color.
Happy Tues, Candy

bj said...

How pretty these are. It's always so nice to have things you can pass along to others in your family.
Very pretty..

Southern Lady said...

Welcome to 2nd Time Around Tuesday.

Your dishes are beautiful. I especially love the fruit dish.

Sincerely,

Janie

SmilingSally said...

Carnival glass is collectible. I wonder if that rectangle glassware could be used as a jello mold? Happy 1st Second Time Around.

Anonymous said...

Welcome.We're so glad to have you.I love carnival glass.my kids bought me a big fruit bowl when they were wee pups.I haven't a clue where it went to...ANn

LADY JANE said...

Welcome to your first 2nd time around! I love carnival glass! I have a green dish like your with the fruits on it! Stop by and visit me and "Victoria Rose"!

xinex said...

Lovely pieces adn even more precious because thay are hand me downs from loved ones..Christine

Bo said...

Lovely keepsake pieces! ;-) Bo

RobinfromCA said...

Gorgeous carnival glass. I've never seen a divided dish like that! Wonderful treasures to have!

Robin

Anonymous said...

I love your beautiful carnival glass. What treasures to have from your grandmother. Thank you for sharing them today.

Hugs...Jeanne

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Such beautiful treasures, and how wonderful that they hold memories for you. laurie

Susie Homemaker said...

Your dishes are very pretty...I especially liked the rectangle one with the fruit...

Blessings,
Susie

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Great looking stuff!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for linking to 2nd Time Around!

Sorry to be so late in visiting you, hope you will forgive me and link again!

I love carnival glass! Yours looks just like some I have!

Lady Katherine said...

You Know I love them! Hey! Do not forget about my tea tins! Go find them. lol